Douro Cultural and Monumental Tour
Lamego, an ancient city dating from Roman times, situated on the south bank of the river, called the "Heart of the Douro Wine", with a strong cultural heritage, full of history, churches and monuments. Excellent city for walking the avenues, for its commerce and traditional shops.
Also known for its gastronomy, which includes its Smoked and Sausages, the "Bôla de Lamego" and the "Roasted Lamb with Oven Rice".
Tarouca, a town located in the Varosa Valley, a place of worship and meditation, chosen by the Cistercian monks to build some of the most beautiful examples of Cistercian art. Monasteries such as the 12th century Salzedas and St. John of Tarouca are living testimonies of the dynamic spirit of the monks who early shaped the region in their image, working the land, cultivating the vineyard, instilling norms and traditions that continue to this day.
What is included in the Tour:
* Driver / Guide
* Start and end of the tour at your accommodation (Tarouca, Lamego or Peso da Régua)
* 4 to 8 seater tour with A / C and WIFI
* Visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Remedies
* Visit to the Lamego See
* Visit to the castle
* Tasting of the traditional "Bôla de Lamego"
* Lunch at a regional restaurant
* Visit to Tarouca Monastery
* Visit to the Ucanha Bridge
* Murganheira Sparkling Wine Tasting